What is Microdermabrasion? The SkinBase™ Facial microdermabrasion treatment uses a stream of non-allergenic crystals to remove your skins outermost layers of dead cells. Your therapist will use the handset to direct the stream of crystal over the treatment area and, where necessary, target specific zones. The handset then uses a mild suction to draw away the crystal and skin debris to reveal your new and improved complexion.
The SkinBase™ Facial is chemical free, non-invasive yet achieves amazing results revealing younger, healthier looking skin from the very first treatment. The skins appearance is further improved through increased collagen & elastin production as your body produces a new layer of skin.
The Microdermabrasion Facial is a progressive rather than aggressive treatment, during which you’ll feel completely relaxed and pampered with no discomfort from the facial. Our relaxing beauty salon is separate to the hairdressing department and you will feel rejuvenated after your skin care treatment with us at The Salon St Albans.
How does microdermabrasion work? Over the course of your facial treatments a wand delivering a fine jet of abrasive crystals will be passed over the skin. Dead skin particles will be abraded away and a vacuum action will remove the debris.
This dual action will both resurface the skin and stimulate the blood flow, encouraging the skin to rejuvenate itself and produce collagen and elastin.
With each of your subsequent SkinBase™ treatments, the intensity of the facial microdermabrasion can be increased – reaching to deeper layers and successfully removing acne scarring, lifting pigmentation and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
What Are the Benefits of Microdermabrasion? In as little as 30 minutes a microdermabrasion facial will firm up, revitalise and leave you with more youthful looking skin. During a course of treatments, wrinkles and fine lines will disappear, acne and acne scarring will be significantly reduced and dull and tired skin will be restored to glowing health.
- 21NovadminBlack Friday GIVEAWAY Competition It’s Competition Time at The Salon St Albans in St Albans. Do you want to enter our competition for a chance to win a £25.00 Gift Voucher? Simply like our facebook page and like share our post with your friends to enter. Competition will be drawn on 25.11.16. Enjoy your Black Friday…and good luck! x *Appointments will be […]
- 7NovadminNew Online Booking available 24/7 Booking with us now couldn’t be easier. Book in your next appointment at a time that suits you, with our online bookings you can book 24/7! You can now Book Online though our website from the tab at the top or from our Facebook page. Choose the dates and times that […]
- 19Octadmin1st NOVEMBER – 30th NOVEMBER This month we are celebrating November by giving you 10% off all your favourite must have hair and beauty treatments. To receive this 10% off you will need to spend a minimum of £15.00 on an individual service. Please note this offer excludes our retail ranges and cannot be used in conjunction […]
- 19OctadminEyebrow threading has become a real must have beauty treatment in the last 10 years. This ancient technique is something that is not new to our founder Aisha Khayat, who leant the skill from her cousin in her early teens. Aisha was one of the pioneers of this art form, threading, in St Albans when […]
- 5OctadminSkin is very temperamental with most clients suffering with sensitive combination skin. Over many years most of us have tried quite a few skincare products. From some of the high street versions like Simple and Olay to the more premium end of the market like Clinque and Dermalogica. After so many years of trying different […]